7.12.10

Can you be a Victim of Hospitality?

Let’s talk hospitality...
As the recipient of incomparable hospitality, sometimes you have to rise to the occasion and be the exceptional guest. You have to eat two dinners in one night, you have to finish the bottle of vodka, and you have to dance. To never say “enough” is an art form that guests in Central Asia must master. As my changing physical form attests, I am an apprentice of this skill.

While sitting around dinner tables being goaded to have more, eat more, enjoy more…I have found myself wondering: Why didn’t I pack more pants with stretchy waste bands?

In the video below is Uncle Imimyor and the beautiful family of his side kick Ahmad. This was a feast night to be remembered (and yes, this was our second dinner of the evening)!

1 comment: